Sausage-Stuffed Jalepeno Poppers
Matthew 18:20 - For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.
1 pound bulk pork sausage
2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
22 large jalepeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
ranch salad dressing, optional
1. in a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink: drain.
2. in a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, parmesan, and cheddar. fold in sausage.
3. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each jalapeno half.
4. place in two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
5. bake, uncovered, at 425* for 15-20 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and bubbly.
6. Serve with ranch dressing if desired.
Yield: 44 appetizers
bacon-wrapped stuffed figs
psalm 81:10 - i am the lord your god, who brought you up out of the land of egypt. open your mouth wide, and i will fill it.
24 dried figs (about 10 ounces)
3 ounces fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
position an oven rach in the center of the oven and preheat the broiler.
slice the figs down the center lengthwise, and set aside.
Combine goat cheese, honey, lemon juice, zest, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl with a rubber spatula.
fill each fig with about 1 teaspoon of the cheese-honey mixture.
wrap each fig with a slive of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
put the figs, seam-side down, on a baking sheet.
broil, turning once, until the bacon is cooked through and crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.